Friday, November 26, 2010

This Christmas!!!

A couple of years ago my good friend DJ 2 Deep was telling me about how he could not stand Christmas music. I found out it was because despite his vast knowledge of soul & Hip-Hop, the only Christmas music he knew about was stuff like Peggy Lee's Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree & The Chipmunk Christmas Album which are cool, but that is not what was on the Christmas mixtapes my dad played around the house when I was growing up. So I hooked him up with with some of my favorite Christmas joints from James Brown, The Jackson 5, The Temptations, Etta James, & Donny Hathaway. Now he loves Christmas music, specifically this mix of songs. Sorry there is nothing from The Dipset or Deathrow Christmas albums, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment